Sunday, September 30, 2012

Maranatha All Natural Sunflower Seed Butter

The Need for Seed!


Grade: A+

Pros: Cost, Flavor, Number of Ingredients, Nutrition, Good substitute for people with nut allergies since it's a seed!

Cons: Needs to be kept refrigerated after opening (if that is even a con).  

Nutrition: I selected Sunflower butter because it had fewer ingredients, fewer calories, less fat, far less sodium, more fiber, less sugar, and more protein than my old peanut butter.


Cost: I chose sunflower butter because it was rather comparable to peanut butter in cost. I find almond butter to be too expensive. 

Taste: I found that I prefer the taste of Sunflower Butter over Peanut Butter BAR NONE. I have always been a bit unhappy with the flavor of peanut butter, not much of a fan. When I tried sunflower butter I loved it! It's rich and creamy and doesn't have questionable ingredients. 
The best thing you can do when you are trying to eat healthier is look at the alternatives that are out there and compare them directly. For me it always comes down to nutrition, cost, and taste. I don't have the money to waste as a single mother with a very fixed income. So I felt for my buck, the sunflower butter was a good choice.

Would I Recommend? Yes! In fact I pretty much do to everyone I meet. They always give me the crazy looks but after they have tasted it they have all been hooked! It's a great alternative to peanut butter. Especially if you or your children has a nut allergy or a ''no nut'' policy at school. It's seed butter and fits within those regulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment